Serves - 4 / Serving Size - 1/2 cup
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large ripe avocado, cubed
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tblspn lime juice
1/2 tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco, or more to taste
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place zucchini in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on High until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing lightly on the zucchini to extract any liquid.
2. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl; add avocado, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce and salt and coarsely mash until combined.
Exchanges/Carb: 1 vegetable / 1-1/2 fat / 1/2 carb serving
Calories - 96 Sodium - 167mg
Total Fat - 8g Total Carbs - 8g w/net Carbs - 4g
Saturated Fat - 1g Dietary Fiber - 4g
Monounsat Fat - 5g Protein - 2g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Source: Eating Well http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/skinny_guacamole.html
- True to form, I read the directions and had all the ingredients out (or so I thought). So next time I'll put the onion and salt in and see how it changes the flavor. : )
- I didn't do the whole "drain zucchini in a sieve and press lightly." After cooking, there was absolutely no liquid.
- Even still, I was pleasantly surprised. You would never guess there's zucchini in this guac.