Serves - 5
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
5oz field green salad mix
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 cup shredded carrots
4 green onions, chopped
3 Tblspn balsamic vinegar
1 Tblspn olive oil
1 Tblspn Splenda [used one packet - way less than 1 Tblspn]
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss together the field greens, cranberries, walnuts, carrots, and green onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Splenda, salt (optional), and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over the salad, toss to coat evenly and divide among five plates.
Exchange/Carb - 1/2 fruit / 1 vegetable / 1-1/2 fat
Calories - 110 Sodium - 25mg
Calories from Fat - 65 Total Carbs - 12g w/net Carbs - 10g
Total Fat - 7g Dietary Fiber - 2g
Saturated Fat - 0.7g Sugar - 8g
Trans Fat - 0g Protein - 2g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Source: The Healthy Carb Diabetes Cookbook by Chef Jennifer bucko, MCFE & Lara Rondinelli, RD, LDN, CDE
- The comment after the first bite, "you can make this again, or for that matter, as often as you want!"
- Yes, I did add shrimp. Next time may decide to add shredded chicken. Honestly, you could add any protein and it would still be great!
- Paired this with the Blueberries with Lemon Cream for dessert - yum!